1. Is the sprint triathlon a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event?
No. We are not a USAT sanctioned event. However, we do follow USAT rules and guidelines for how we run our event. We really focus on being a community event that supports seasoned athletes who want to do their first triathlon event of the season and the weekend warriors and families who want to participate in a family event.
2. Is there a discount for USAT or Tri Northwest members?
No. We don't offer discounts for memberships. We only offer students under the age of 18 who are participating in the adult triathlon a discount that is paid the day of race with proper ID.
3. Is the 5K Run USA Track & Field certified?
No. When we started the 5K run, the course was measured by the USATF for certification. However, the course is a cross-country style run, the possible variations in course measurement makes certification difficult on an ongoing basis. We do map the course at the USATF website for reference and training.
4. Is a student discount available for the entry fee? Is there a discount when multiple family members register for the event?
We do offer students under the age of 18 who are participating in the adult triathlon a discount that is paid the day of race with proper ID.
5. Can you tell me my bib number so I can let my friends and family know ahead of time?
Sorry, but bib numbers are assigned after all the registrations are in and our timing company finalizes the database and assembles the race packets. That takes us right up to packet pickup time (Friday, June 6th and Saturday, June 7th at 5:30am). You can encourage your family to view the race site maps on our website so they know the general layout of the area and can select a good viewing spot.
6. How can I confirm that I'm registered?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your on-line registration is complete. If you do not receive a registration email you can Contact Us.
7. How many people register and participate in each of the races?
- Participants are a pretty evenly split between men and women.
- Approximately 1000 athletes participate in the Triathlon each year.
- Approximately 150 runners participate in our 5k, 10k & 15k runs.
- The kid's events continue to grow every year with about 150 children between the ages of 3 and 12 participating.
8. My son/daughter wants to compete in the Kid's Triathlon, but he/she is only 5 years old. Can he/she still compete in the Kid's Triathlon?
We don't check IDs when a child registers. You and your child are best suited to determine your child's physical abilities and willingness to participate. If your 5-year-old is enthusiastic about the sport and can realistically participate in all three legs of the kid's triathlon, sign them up! The Splash & Dash is also available for those kids just wanting to get their feet wet. Also, consider the Kid's Duathlon if your child prefers to avoid the water completely.
9. Will there be Day-of-Race registration and/or Packet Pickup at the State Park?
Yes. Registration and Packet Pick-up tables open at 5:30am. Thirty minutes before each event, we will close registration and packet pick-up for that specific event. Day of Race tables can get very crowded. We strongly recommend that all participants pick-up their packets on Friday, June 6th, at Sports Authority in Issaquah.
10. Once registration for the sprint triathlon is closed, will you be placing names on a waiting list?
We do not have wait lists for our race. It typically sells out early. Register today!
11. Can I pace a friend in the 5k, 10k or 15k and not register?
It is a public park, and technically there's nothing to stop you from joining your friend after he/she has passed the start line and then splitting off before they cross the finish line. But that's not really in the spirit of our fundraiser. Just sign up early so you get the early registration rate. Enjoy a cross-country run while feeling good about helping fund Montessori programs for kids within your community.
12. I'm registered for the event, but I'm unable to do the event because I'm injured/sick/will now be out-of-town, etc. I can even provide a doctor's note/note from my mom/boss! Can I get a refund?
Sorry, but we are unable to provide refunds. Please contact us 30 days prior to the event to discuss using your registration for the following year’s event.
13. I registered weeks ago, and now I've found out I can't do the event. Can I transfer my registration to my friend/family member?
Sorry, but we are unable to accept transfer requests. Please contact us 30 days prior to the event to discuss using your registration for the following year’s event.
14. I'm unable to do the event. Can I just give my spot to someone else?
Sorry, but if someone else races under your name and is injured or causes an accident, that person will not be covered by any protection afforded under the event's insurance. If the athlete racing under your name causes injury or damage, you may be liable in part for those damages. Participants found racing under another person's name will be disqualified.