Our kid’s events are a fun way for younger athletes in your family to participate in the lifetime sports included in our triathlon. We recommend the Kid’s Triathlon for those comfortable with swimming and the Splash & Dash for young, non-swimming racers. Please contact us if you are unsure of which race is best for your children. The kids will start in their own area at Sunset Beach and will stay within the designated swim area. Please note that floatation devices are allowed. The criterion-style bike course (which includes multiple laps) and the run course are all completely within the boundaries of the park. This allows families and friends to cheer their star athletes on along the way.
KID’s Triathlon ( Recommended Ages 6 – 13 )
The swim is intended for athletes comfortable with open water swimming. If your athlete is not able to swim in deep water, please consider the Splash & Dash (see below) or the Kid’s Duathlon (same distances at Kid’s Tri, minus the swim).
- Swim: 100 meters in length, with expected water temperature around 68 degrees.
- Bike: 3 kilometers, on a flat, criterion-style course around the Main event area.
- Run: 1600 meters along the beach paths. Finish line is in the Main event area.
Splash and Dash: Younger, Non-Swimmers ( Recommended Ages 9 and under )
- Swim: 50 foot splash along the Sunset Beach in Lake Sammamish (expected temp=68*)
- Bike: 1 k on a flat, criterion-style course around the Main event area.
- Run: 300 meters along the path to Main event area.
All Races Finish at the Large Finisher’s Arch, Just like the Adults.
Race begins around 9:30am [we must wait for the adult bikes to clear the course, please be patient with us while we ensure the course is clear for the kids to begin]